Friday 21 September 2012

Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon

As I mentioned in my French Onion Soup Post, I cooked a romantic 3 course meal for my friend who I'm going to name DashGlowPrincess for anonymity. So the main course was Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon with a side of Crispy Herbed Baked Potatoes. It was so super good. I seem to say that for all the stuff I cook and post on this. I'm just that awesome I guess. If that romantic dinner was actually for a potential lover/suitor, I would be married with a child or two by now. One would be a food baby and the other would be a love child. It was THAT good. You must agree that bacon makes anything taste awesome.

Your Challenge: get stuffed eating the good stuff.







Ready --- Steady --- Cook

Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon


INGREDIENTS:
4 chicken thigh fillets
8 slices middle bacon
50g softened butter
Half of a large brown onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons Oregano
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Toothpicks for assembly
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
Dash of lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste


METHOD:
1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
2. Mix butter, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, cheese, lemon juice and breadcrumbs together to form a dough of stuffing.
3.Grab a generous handful of stuffing and press them onto the middle of a chicken thigh fillet.
4.Roll the chicken fillet over the stuffing and wrap the chicken roll with 2 slices of middle bacon.
5.Cook them in a pan until brown and chicken is cooked
6. put it in the oven for approx. 10minutes or until bacon is browning.

Serve with anything you like e.g. roasted balsamic/garlic potatoes, mashed potatoes with veggies, or salad and chips, or if you're like me, you can just eat them on its own and not feel guilty about it because of its deliciousness it's so worth it, 


Challenge Accepted ???


Enjoy

Tosakanth!

No comments:

Post a Comment